Wild-crafted Shipibo Jagua
We are thrilled to announce that we now source our Jagua directly from the Peruvian Amazon. Our Jagua is wild-crafted, meaning, people go out into the forest to gather fruit from wild trees. Your purchase helps the Shipibo-Conibo Tribe to preserve their rainforests and improve their local economy. We ship J-cones (henna jagua blend) within the USA. Jagua juice can be shipped internationally. Juice and cones should be kept FROZEN when not in use.
Ingredients for approximately 20 J-cones:
- 100 gram packet of Organic Rajasthani or Jamila henna powder
- 8 ounce bottle of Wild-crafted Jagua juice
- 30 ml bottle of Australian Tea Tree or Bulgarian Lavender essential oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons sugar
- Mix together dry ingredients (sugar and henna powder)
- Slowly pour in the Jagua juice, making sure not to make your paste too liquid. If you use up the whole bottle and paste is still too thick, simply add a bit of water until paste is the consistency you like.
- Add the essential oil and mix until there are no lumps
- Allow paste to rest for an hour or two before use.
- Optional: strain your paste through a knee-high stocking
- Put paste in cones or bottles and start creating art!
- Leave paste on skin for 6-8 hours for the most intense stains
- Avoid water for 12 hours after paste removal for deepest results.
Jagua Gel Recipe:
- 30 grams Jagua Juice
- 1/2gram Xanthan Gum
- 2 grams Tea Tree oil
Blend well using a stick blender. Gel is ready to use or freeze immediately. If gel is too thin, adjust with a TINY bit more Xanthan gum.