How to make Jagua-henna paste
Jagua-henna is a popular mixture due to its dark-staining color, but easy-to-use consistency. Paste should be frozen for storage if you are not planning on using it on the same day.
Ingredients for approximately 20 J-cones:
- 100 gram packet of Organic Rajasthani or Jamila henna powder
- 8 ounce bottle of Wild-crafted Jagua juice
- 30 ml bottle of Australian Tea Tree or Bulgarian Lavender essential oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons sugar
- Mix together dry ingredients (sugar and henna powder)
- Slowly pour in the Jagua juice, making sure not to make your paste too liquid. If you use up the whole bottle and paste is still too thick, simply add a bit of water until paste is the consistency you like.
- Add the essential oil and mix until there are no lumps
- Allow paste to rest for an hour or two before use.
- Optional: strain your paste through a knee-high stocking
- Put paste in cones or bottles and start creating art!
- Leave paste on skin for 6-8 hours for the most intense stains
- Avoid water for 12 hours after paste removal for deepest results.